75 students rushed to Chiang Mai hospitals for foods poisoning
Chiang Mai - Nearly 100 school students suffered from foods poisoning after eating boiled eggs donated from a parent Sunday evening.Seventy-five of them were rushed to two hospitals late Sunday nigh and twenty of them were treated at schools.
Officials said 60 students were rushed to Nakhon Ping Hospital and 15 to San Sai Hospital. At the Nakhon Ping Hospital, 44 were admitted as inpatients and ten had to be watched closely by doctors.
Saenthong Hattirangkul, deputy director of the Sueksa Songkroh School, said a parent donated 1,300 boiled eggs to the school for dinner for the students Sunday. The parent said the eggs had been boiled and offered to a spirit as a rite to fulfill promise.