Chulchit Bunyaketu, group deputy chairman, said the group submitted the request on July 15, asking the embassy to explain facts to the British press following the robbery at the Suvarnabhumi Airport's duty free area which is under the group's management.
The couple were tried for the robbery of wallets. Both complained to the press that they had to pay Bt200,000 extra aside from the Bt200,000 bail to end the trial, and they urged tourists from the UK not to shop at King Power Duty Free Shop.
At the press conference on Tuesday, Chulchit said this caused damage to both King Power and Thai investigators. He insisted that the closed circuit TV obviously showed the couple at the scene, but false reports would tarnish Thailand's image.
He noted that since early this year, the duty free shop witnessed a few robberies each month.
King Power meanwhile suffered from a declining sale volume, due to domestic political turbulence and the influenza A (H1N1). So far, due to fewer tourists, sales have dropped 30-40 per cent from last year.