A purported copy of the medical report for 23-year-old Mohamad Saiful Bukhari Azlan was first leaked onto the highly-popular Malaysia Today website on Monday.
The report stated there was no physical evidence that Mohamad Saiful had been sodomized.
Anwar, who was detained on July 16 for questioning into the sodomy charges, said the medical report proved that charges against him were "baseless and politically motivated."
He said the failure of the police to disclose this "critical piece of evidence" was proof that the authorities were set to frame him.
"I condemn in the strongest terms their negligence, dishonesty and recklessness in humiliating the nation by dragging us all through this vile and filthy charade," Anwar said.
Last month, Mohamad Saiful lodged a police report claiming that Anwar had sodomized him.
Anwar, a former deputy prime minister, denied the allegations and maintained that he was a victim of a political conspiracy.
In 1998, Anwar was fired by former premier Mahathir Mohamad and later charged and jailed for sodomy and corruption. He served six years in jail before he was cleared of the sodomy charge.
Anwar, who says he was framed then to avert a political challenge to Mahathir, said Wednesday that his family had endured fears of a repeat of the 1998 incident and urged police to cease investigations into the charges.
"I call upon the government to rise above petty vindictiveness and maneuvering for power," he said.
"At a time when the world economy is spiraling into recession and Malaysia has struggled to remain competitive with its neighbors, this scandal was raised at the worst possible moment," Anwar said.
"I have decided that (the) nation is in a grave situation economically and socially and I can no longer be distracted by such nuisances."
"I am now determined to move ahead with the reform agenda ... I do not intend to address these scurrilous accusations anymore," the charismatic opposition leader said.
Anwar announced Sunday he would contest a by-election in the northern Kulim constituency in the state of Kedah in a bid to return to Parliament.
The constituency is now represented by opposition lawmaker Zulkifli Noordin, whose election has been challenged in court by the governing National Front on the grounds that his nomination process was faulty. A verdict is expected next month.
Anwar led a three-party opposition alliance to major gains in the March 8 elections, where the ruling government lost control of five states and its two-thirds majority for the first time in history.//Deutsche Presse-Agentur - July 29, 208