Solar panel causes fire
A year-old solar-cell panel overheated and exploded, burning down a house in Kalasin on Saturday evening.
The house was one of about 1,500 in remote areas of Kalasin to receive solar-cell panels from the Provincial Electricity Authority.
Officials and villagers are trained in their use.
"The accident might have stemmed from a defect in the solar cell's function that stops energy conversion once its 50-volt storage is full," Tambon Lamphan Administrative Organisation chairman Somkid Nantasomboon said yesterday.
Damage is estimated at Bt50,000.